Glide allows you clients to complete critical disclosure documents electronically via a user-friendly, TurboTax-style wizard. To initiate the process, you can use Glide to select forms, confirm recipient information and prepare a personalized invitation to your clients.
1. Create your transaction by navigating to your Glide home screen.
2. Select "New Transaction" in the upper right corner
3. Enter the property address details for your transaction OR import the transaction details from Zipforms (CA Only)
Click HERE to learn more about setting up your CA transaction via ZipForm before continuing with the directions below.
4. Specify your transaction role
Add details about the agent(s) and team member(s).
Either select "Yes" and continue or "No" and enter in the agent details.
All Glide transactions require an agent on the file.
5. Start your transaction's task from the list and locate Disclosure Package and click "Start" under Seller Disclosures.
6. Select the Forms and click "Continue"
Add as many forms from the drop down menu as you'd like then click "Continue"
- Add forms by clicking on the empty box that reads "Add another form..."
- Remove a form by clicking the "x" located to the right of the form name
- Re-order forms by using the drag handle located to the left of the form name
Glide supports a variety of official association forms, with new ones being added every day. Depending on the address you specified for your transaction, some local association forms may not display.
Glide offers flexible options for collaborating on forms with multiple clients and colleagues. Each party included on the recipient screen will be designated with a role of "Packet Admin" or "Fills Form"
- Packet Admin - The packet admin will receive email notifications of client activity and can login to Glide in order to resend client invitations, view client responses, cancel invitations and view completed documents.
- Fills form - Buyers and sellers can fill the form. If you invite multiple buyers or sellers, each will be able to login independently, but they will share a single set of answers. If we detect that both clients are editing the same form packet at the same time, a warning will be displayed to them.
In order to send out forms, you must include at a minimum one agent and one client.
Other Transaction Details (CA only)
Depending on which forms you select, Glide may prompt you to enter additional transaction information that appears on those forms (for example the APN). These fields will be added to your completed documents alongside the responses provided by your client.
Note: If you select "Yes" to identify the property as being part of an HOA, planned unit development or common interest subdivision, then your client will receive this note when the relevant questions are presented to them.
Before sending your invitation you will have one last opportunity to confirm the details you've entered. You can also use this screen to compose a custom invitation message to send to your client.
- You can use the "[[RECIPIENT]]" variable to automatically specify the first name of your client.
- The email content can still be edited before sending the invite.
- You can also select "Save for future" to serve as your template to your future transactions.
Client invitation email
Once you hit the "Send" button, an email invitation will go to your client that includes your custom message and a large "Get Started" button they can use to begin the process of completing their forms.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your invitation has been sent
- You can resend the invitation anytime from the "Disclosure Package" screen.
Completed Disclosure Forms Returned as PDFs
Once your client is done answering all the questions on the forms, they will submit their responses back to you. You and any admin or co-listing agent on the transaction will receive an email to Generate the PDFs of the completed forms.
Once you receive this email notification, you can review the attached documents to decide whether you are ready to send for signature or need to request revisions from the client. The documents are always available for download directly within your Glide transaction as well.