Premium Seller disclosures enhance the standard TDS & SPQ to provide a safety net to tackle disclosure issues before they arise
Benefits to Sellers:
- Identifies and explains common and costly risk factors
- Guides Sellers through their explanations to include the most important details
- Warns Sellers against using risky words or misdiagnosing issues
- Advises Sellers to identify sources of information and attach related documents
- Summarizes identified risk factors for final review
Benefits to Agents:
- Provides friendly guidance to sellers to eliminate client frustration and confusion about the form's questions
- Results in fuller and more accurate disclosures to reduce the need for revisions
- Identifies disclosure risk factors for Agents to provide an extra layer of oversight
Here is how it works:
1. The PRO TIPS provide expert content to explain how to properly answer question while recognizing often forgotten, overlooked or mistaken items
2. The GUIDED EXPLANATIONS provide expert content to obtain important details from sellers when disclosing material facts to buyers
Seller responses are then organized and referenced in the Text Overflow Addendum, which Glide automatically generates.
More importantly, there is no character limit, so Sellers can provide all known facts.
3. The COMMON ISSUE icon identifies questions on the TDS & SPQ that are common causes of post-sale disclosure disputes with buyers
Sellers better understand where things can go wrong with insight into common causes of claims by buyers. These items were identified by experienced CA real estate attorneys, insurance providers and risk management experts as being common sources of claims.
4. The SEMANTIC ANALYSIS highlights and explains when sellers use risky words within their disclosure statements
The use of certain words can often cause sellers problems later. For example, diagnosing defects can expose the seller to future claims if the diagnosis is inaccurate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How do I provide my sellers with Premium Seller Disclosures?
Every Glide Agent on the Member Benefit plan gets 1 free transaction to try Premium Seller Disclosures!
Agents can buy unlimited access to Premium Seller Disclosures by purchasing the Glide Pro subscription for $300/year or $35 month-to-month (cancel at any time).
Brokerage Edition Agents have a free trial through August 2020.
The rest of the process is the same as normal: setup your transaction and send your Sellers their disclosure forms (TDS & SPQ). Please note that Premium Seller Disclosures are not currently available for property addresses located in San Francisco, CA.
For confirmation that your sellers received Premium Seller Disclosures, click into the "Request Seller Disclosures" workflow after inviting your clients to review.
2. As a Glide Pro Agent, what does this new feature look like for my Sellers?
Sellers receive much more content and guidance while completing their TDS & SPQ. Glide Pro users automatically provide Premium Disclosures to all sellers they invite to Glide. Sellers are then informed that their agent has provided a Premium experience with extra features to help them better disclose!
3. How can TC's access Premium Seller Disclosures?
Premium Seller Disclosures are available through the primary Listing Agent assigned to the transaction. As a TC or Team member, if the Listing Agent on the transaction is a Glide Pro user, premium forms will automatically be available on the transaction! This is because Glide has revamped our Pro package to provide TC's access to Pro features through their Agents. TC's no longer need to upgrade their own accounts.
4. Can a Seller choose to receive Premium Seller Disclosures?
Yes, all Sellers should have the opportunity to enjoy a Premium Disclosure experience! If the Listing Agent is a Glide Member Benefit user, then their Sellers will have the opportunity to upgrade to receive additional risk-management features. Premium Disclosures can also be purchased with the CRES Disclosure Protection Plan for the best protection (unless the Listing Agent has previously opted out).
Learn more about Seller Disclosure Insurance coverage here.
5. Does C.A.R. and/or my local Association know about Premium Seller Disclosures?
Yes, Glide works directly with your state and local associations! Anything related to state forms must be reviewed by the forms licensing authority prior to release.
6. Is there any legal risk or benefit to using the Premium Seller Disclosures instead of the standard C.A.R. disclosures?
We know that many sellers, and thereby their agents, get into legal trouble because sellers may not understand how to properly disclose. Premium Seller Disclosures explain these risks to result in a more thorough understanding of the requirements, and fuller disclosure. Click here to read a legal review explaining why this is one of the best tools for reducing risks for a claim related to property defects.
7. Who created the "Expert Content" for Premium Seller Disclosures?
The Disclosure forms are the standard C.A.R. forms; however, this software was produced in collaboration with top CA real estate attorneys and risk management experts to offers the best risk-management disclosure solution available. Many top brokerages already turn to these same legal experts for advice and guidance.
8. How can I personalize the message sent to my Sellers along with the Premium Seller Disclosures offer?
When sending seller disclosure forms, the final invite screen allows for Member Benefit Agents and TC's to "Add a note or recommendation for your seller," which can help sellers to better understand whether to purchase Premium and/or insurance.
9. How can I opt out of my Sellers receiving this risk-management feature?
Although it is not recommended, Listing Agents using their Glide Member Benefit can disable seller risk-management features within their Account Settings. Listing Agents that previously disabled the CRES Disclosure Protection Plan have automatically been opted out of this seller-facing feature, and would need to opt in to receive it.
10. How can I learn more about Premium Seller Disclosures?
If you have any questions that have not been answered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us!