Templates are a great way to keep organized and quickly access important documents when managing a deal.
Another reason to use templates is quick updates. When you apply a template to a transaction, the default text inside a template document auto-fills the relevant fields in the transaction document. You can also update transactions from the template admin page. Any change you make to a template document automatically appears on the relevant transaction document (if the template was applied to the transaction).
What's a template?
It's a blueprint of parties, documents, and form content that can be applied to new or existing transactions. You can create a template based on different purposes, such as transaction type (e.g. regular or short sale) or property type (e.g. single family home or condo). It's up to you and your team how to organize the templates.
To use a template, complete three steps in Glide:
create a template and give it a name
add files and default text to the template on the Documents page
add listing and business information on the Details & Parties page
Creating a template
1. Click the Glide icon in the top right corner of the page and then select Transaction Templates.
2. Click the Create new template button.
3. Fill in the fields and then click Create Template.
Enter a template name and select the transaction type.
Each new template comes with two default folders: General and Disclosure Package.
In our example, we use the General folder to hold contractual documents.
You can add folders to keep documents organized by transaction stage.
1. Click the Add new folder button.
2. Give the folder a name.
You can customize folders on the Documents page.
Click the folder and then the pencil icon to rename a folder.
Click the handle and drag folders up or down the page.
Click the arrow to expand and collapse a folder.
Click the trash icon to delete a folder.
To see the number of documents inside a folder, check the number near the trash can.
The next step is to add documents to the template.
In this example, we add two documents to the General folder.
1. Select a folder to hold the document and then click the (+) button. You can upload documents from your computer, the Glide library, or DocuSign.
In this example, we upload a document from the C.A.R. library.
2. Enter a file name in the search bar and then check the box next to the file you want to upload.
3. Click Choose.
4. Repeat steps to add more documents.
In this example, we add an MCA. The General folder now has two documents.
Adding multiple library documents
Use a time-saving feature to add multiple documents from the C.A.R. library to the same folder.
1. Click the (+) button and select Add from library.
In this example, we add documents to the Disclosure Package folder.
2. Enter a file name and check the box, but do not click the Choose button.
3. Clear the search bar and enter a new file name. Do not click the Choose button.
The number of selected documents at the button of the screen increases.
4. Repeat steps until you select all the documents you need.
In this example, we select 6 documents.
5. Click Choose.
Six documents are now in the Disclosure Package folder.
Adding default text to a template document
Default text consists of standard words, phrases, figures, and options you want to use in your transactions. To save time and communicate a consistent message, add default text to a template document.
To add default text:
1. Open a document in your template.
In this example, we open the RLA in the General folder.
2. Scroll down the document to the correct section and then enter the default text in a yellow area.
In this example, we add default text about market conditions in the Listing Terms section.
3. Click the Save and Close button after you finish.
Adding listing and business information
To add property information to a template, click the Details & Parties menu tab at the top of the page. The information you enter here transfers to the documents in the template.
In this article, we add one party and information to the Property Information page.
Adding a party
1. To add a party to a template, click the Parties tab.
In this example, we add a transaction coordinator.
2. Click Add Party.
3. Choose a role in the drop-down menu.
In this example, we select Listing Team / TC.
4. Choose a name on the drop-down menu or click Create new contact.
In this example, we select a name on the drop-down menu.
Adding property information
1. Click the Property Information tab.
2. Click the search field and select a property type on the drop-down menu.
In this example, we select Single Family because this template will be used for single family properties.
3. After you add information, click the Save button at the top of the page.
Modifying a template
1. To change a template's assigned documents or details, click the Glide icon and then click Transaction Templates.
2. Select a template.
3. Click the Documents or Details & Parties tab to change the template.