In this article, agents learn how to complete an Agent Visual Inspection Disclosure form - or AVID - on a mobile device.
- In this scenario, the agent uses a smartphone to open the Glide site, locate the AVID page, and complete the workflow. The agent also sends the AVID form to the client for signature. This process will always remain an option for agents, even after Glide's iOS app becomes available in beta.
To complete an AVID on a mobile device, we cover three steps:
1. Open the form.
2. Add property observations.
3. Send the form for signature.
1 Opening the form
1. On the Glide home page, select a transaction.
2. On the Transaction Overview page, click Disclosure Package.
3. Scroll down to Complete AVID and click the Start button.
4. On the next page, click Use Glide’s Guided AVID workflow.
- There is an option to upload a completed PDF, but in this example we prefer to use Glide's guided interface to complete the AVID.
5. Click Continue
6. Select a housing option on the next page.
- In this example, we select No. If Yes is selected, then Glide offers a feature to create up to four AVIDs per Property.
7. Click Continue
8. Enter the name of the brokerage, if it is not already displayed based on your Account Settings, and then click Next.
- In this example, Glide Labs is automatically filled based on the Agent's license number. If you prefer to update the Brokerage Name for all future uses, this can be done within your Account Settings.
9. On the next page, enter the inspection date and time and then click Continue.
- In this example, we use the default settings based on when you are completing the form. You can change that information if you are entering information from notes taken during a past inspection of the Property.
10. On the next page, enter the weather conditions on the day of the inspection and then click Continue.
- You can use the default weather conditions that are automatically added for your location or edit the information.
11. Enter the names of the people present for the inspection besides yourself (if applicable).
- In this example, no other people were present, so we enter the words Just me.
12. Click Continue.
2 Adding property observations
On the next page, add your property observations to the form.
1. Click the Add New button
2. On the Add Property Observations page, select a space.
- In this example, we select Bedroom.
3. Give the bedroom a number.
- You can change the figure according to the number of bedrooms in the property. This feature allows you to make observations for specific bedrooms, which you can designate in your preferred order or allow the system to identify them sequentially based on the order you enter your observations.
4. Enter your comments.
- In this example, we enter "crack in wall near window."
5. Click the Take Photo button (optional).
- You can take a picture from your device and attach it to the AVID form to confirm or add additional insights to an observation. This step is optional, but you can easily take a photo while you are on the property and upload it to the AVID form in one step.
6. Click the Attach File button (optional).
- Use this feature if you want to add a document or other file to the observation. In this example, we’re not going to attach any files.
7. Click Save. The observation is recorded.
8. To add more observations, click the Add New button and repeat the steps.
- Click Edit if you want to change the information in the observation.
- Click Done after you finish the last observation.
9. After you click Done, answer a question about additional observations not mentioned before.
10. Click Continue.
11. On the next page, answer the question about an addendum.
- In this example, we do not have an addendum. Note that Glide will automatically create any necessary text overflow addenda (TOA) based on the information contained in your Property observations. You do not need to worry about creating the TOA if all your observations are entered into Glide on the prior screen.
12. Click Continue to close the observations section.
3 Sending the form for e-signature
After you complete the observations section, Glide creates a pdf. Now you have two choices: download the form or send the document for e-signature with DocuSign.
- In this example, we click Sign with DocuSign.
1. Scroll down the Prepare page and verify the information.
- Add documents and recipients if you want. Information from your transaction's party details will automatically be included within the recipient information, but you can always add more.
2. Scroll down to the two checkboxes.
- Check the first box if you want Glide to automatically add signature tabs to all of the documents you send.
- Check the second box if you want Glide to replace the original documents in the transaction folder with fully executed documents.
3. Click Continue.
4. Scroll down to verify the information in the DocuSign envelope is correct.
5. Click Next.
6. Scroll down to check the completed form and images, if you added pictures to the observations.
7. Click Send.
Checking form status
Glide returns to the Transaction Overview page.
Scroll down and click Disclosure Package under Quick Access. Check the status of your AVID signature requests.