In this article, agents learn how to complete an Agent Visual Inspection Disclosure form - or AVID - on a mobile device.
In this scenario, the agent uses a smartphone to open the Glide site, locate the AVID page, and complete the workflow. The agent also sends the AVID form to the client for signature. This process will always remain an option for agents, even after Glide's iOS app becomes available in beta.
To complete an AVID on a mobile device, we cover three steps:
1. Open the form.
Opening the form
1. On the Glide home page, select a transaction.
2. On the Transaction Overview page, click Disclosure Package.
3. Scroll down to Complete AVID and click the Start button.
4. On the next page, click Use Glide’s Guided AVID workflow.
There is an option to upload a completed PDF, but in this example, we prefer to use Glide's guided interface to complete the AVID.
5. Click Continue
6. Select a housing option on the next page.
In this example, we select No. If Yes is selected, then Glide offers a feature to create up to four AVIDs per Property.
7. Click Continue
8. Enter the name of the brokerage, if it is not already displayed based on your Account Settings, and then click Next.
In this example, Glide Labs is automatically filled based on the Agent's license number. If you prefer to update the Brokerage Name for all future uses, this can be done within your Account Settings.
9. On the next page, enter the inspection date and time and then click Continue.
In this example, we use the default settings based on when we complete the form. You can edit the date if you enter information from notes taken during a past inspection of the Property.
10. On the next page, enter the weather conditions on the day of the inspection and then click Continue.
You can use the default weather conditions that are automatically added for your location or edit the information.
11. Enter the names of the people present for the inspection besides yourself (if applicable).
In this example, no other people were present, so we enter the words Just me.
12. Click Continue.
Adding property observations
On the next page, add your property observations to the form.
1. Click the Add New button
2. On the Add Property Observations page, select a space.
In this example, we select Bedroom.
3. Give the bedroom a number.
You can change the figure according to the number of bedrooms on the property. This feature allows you to make observations for specific bedrooms, which you can designate in your preferred order, or allow the system to identify them sequentially based on the order you enter your observations.
4. Enter your comments.
In this example, we enter "crack in wall near window."
5. Click the Take Photo button (optional).
You can take a picture from your device and attach it to the AVID form to confirm or add additional insights to an observation. This step is optional, but you can easily take a photo while you are on the property and upload it to the AVID form in one step.
6. Click the Attach File button (optional).
Use this feature if you want to add a document or other file to the observation. In this example, we’re not going to attach any files.
7. Click Save. The observation is recorded.
8. To add more observations, click the Add New button and repeat the steps.
Click Edit if you want to change the information in the observation.
Click Done after you finish the last observation.
9. After you click Done, answer a question about additional observations not mentioned before.
10. Click Continue.
11. On the next page, answer the question about an addendum.
In this example, we do not have an addendum. Note that Glide will automatically create any necessary text-overflow addenda (TOA) based on the information contained in your Property observations. You do not need to worry about creating the TOA if all your observations are entered into Glide on the prior screen.
12. Click Continue to close the observations section.
Sending the form for e-signature
After you complete the observations section, Glide creates a pdf. Now you have two choices: download the form or send the document for e-signature.
In this example, we click eSign.
Setting send options
1. At the top of the Prepare Signature Package page, select one send tool: Glide Signatures or DocuSign.
2. Scroll down and inspect the list of documents.
Click the X icon to remove a file from the list.
Use the upload tool to add documents if required.
Replacing original documents
Scroll down the screen to the checkbox.
Glide automatically checks the box to replace the unsigned original with the signed version.
We suggest you leave this box checked because it helps reduce the number of transaction documents you need to manage and avoids confusion about whether there are fully executed documents. Uncheck the box to save the signed form on Glide with a different file name and keep the unsigned form in the transaction.
Changing the signing order
On the Add Signers and Recipients screen, agents and teams can customize the order in which documents are sent to signing parties. This feature is available for both Glide Signatures and DocuSign.
By default, Glide sends the documents to all signing parties at the same time. If you want this option, leave the Set Signing Order toggle switch in the OFF position.
Click the toggle switch to the ON position to set the signing order. Change the numbers in the boxes.
The party with the smallest number receives the document(s) first. After that party e-signs the document(s), Glide automatically sends the package to the next person based on the rank order.
1. On the Add Signers and Recipients screen, verify the recipients.
Add or remove recipients (optional).
2. Check the sign status of each recipient and click Continue.
Click the Needs to Sign field and change a recipient to CC, so they are not added as a signing party (optional).
Using Glide Signatures
1. Check the circle next to Glide Signatures.
Verify the recipients, set the signing order (optional), check the box to replace original documents (optional), and then click Continue.
2. On the next screen, review the documents for signature, initials, and date tabs.
If required, add tabs to the document for a signing party.
3. On the next screen, you have one last chance to review the package and make changes if required.
Add a message for the recipients. (optional)
4. Click Send at the bottom of the page.
Glide sends the document for e-signature.
Instead of Glide Signatures, select DocuSign.
1. Check the circle next to DocuSign.
If your DocuSign account is not synced with Glide, click Link Account and enter your DocuSign account credentials.
2. Verify the recipients, set the signing order (optional), check the box to replace original documents (optional), and then click Continue.
3. On the Review and Sync screen, you have one last chance to review the package and make changes if required.
Add a message to the recipients. (optional)
3. Click Send.
4. Scroll down to verify the information in the DocuSign envelope is correct.
5. Click Next.
6. Scroll down to check the completed form and images if you added pictures to the observations.
7. Click Send. Glide returns to the Transaction Overview screen.
Checking form status
You can check the status of the signature requests.
1. Click Signatures on the drop-down menu.
2. Locate the signature request and click the more link.
Glide displays the status of each signing party.
The Not Sent Yet status displays if you select the Set Signing Order option and one or more parties have not finished signing the document(s).