This article shows you how to create a disclosure package that can be shared with buyers’ agents and prospective buyers.
You learn how to:
- assemble documents into a final package
- create a cover sheet for a nicer presentation
- share the final disclosure package with an email or link that displays the package online for viewers
Adding documents to the disclosure package
Let’s create a disclosure package. The first step is to add forms and reports.
1. Go to the Transaction Overview page and click Prepare Disclosure Package.
2. Click Add documents.
You can add documents from your computer, DocuSign, or a Glide transaction.
- In the Document section, you can see the completed seller disclosures, AVID, and other forms and reports that need to be included.
Creating a cover sheet
The next step is to review and edit the cover sheet. The cover sheet creates an attractive and automated table of contents for your disclosure package, which buyers can sign to acknowledge the documents received.
Glide allows you to add your own custom branding, information, and instructions that help buyers’ agents and prospective buyers.
1. Click the cover sheet icon.
2. On the next page, click the Edit button.
3. Scroll through the cover sheet or use the section links on the left menu.
4. Click the Add Cover Photo button to place an image at the top of the cover sheet.
- If you previously added a photo to the transaction, it displays here. Click the Upload new image button to change the current picture.
5. Confirm the property address.
- Click Edit to make changes.
6 Confirm listing agent information.
- Click Edit to make changes. You can add another agent and remove the company logo if you want.
7. Click the Add escrow button to add information if required.
8. Click the Add instructions button to add information for the buyer’s agent if required.
9. Add signatures as required.
10. After you finish, click Save and Close.
Sharing the package
Now it’s time to share the package. There are two ways to share the disclosure package with a buyer’s agent: email and link.
Sharing by email
1. On the Disclosure Package page, click the Share Package button.
2. Click the By Email tab.
3. Click the buyer tab to set permissions.
- You can allow the buyer’s agent to share the package or prevent sharing.
4. Enter the buyer’s agent name and email address.
- You can also add a message.
5. Click Ok to send the email.
- The buyer’s agent receives an email message with a link.
What the buyer's agent sees
The agent opens the email message and clicks the link.
- A new browser tab opens. It shows all of the documents in the disclosure package.
Sharing by link
A listing agent can share the disclosure package with a link. The link opens a page hosted on Glide with all the documents.
1. Click the By Link tab.
2. Under Copy Link, select an option from the drop-down menu. These options let you control access to the disclosure package.
- You can require buyer agents to provide contact information to access the package.
3. Click Copy Link and then OK.
- Paste this link online for potential buyers.
When a buyer’s agent clicks the link, they go to a page hosted by Glide.
- If you add a permissions wall to the link, the buyer’s agent must enter their name and email address before accessing the disclosure package page.
What the buyer’s agent sees
Both the email and link options send the buyer’s agent to the same disclosure package page hosted by Glide.
On the Glide page, the buyer’s agent has several options:
1. Click a file to open and read a document.
2. Click the download button to save all documents on a computer inside a zip file. The buyer’s agent can review the documents or share them with a prospective buyer.
- Since listing agents will require confirmation that the buyer has fully reviewed all disclosures before submitting an offer, Glide allows the buyer’s agents to send the full package for signature directly from this page.
3. Click “eSign” and send documents to the potential buyer for signature.
- Currently, Glide is integrated with DocuSign and will soon be offering Glide Signatures as a free electronic signature option for Glide users and their clients.
4. Now that the buyer has reviewed the disclosure package, click the Submit button to open Glide’s online offer submission tool.
That’s it. We’re done.
Managing a shared disclosure package
After sharing a disclosure package, you can access several management tools to help make the transaction a smooth experience for all parties involved.
- Use our disclosure package messaging tool to notify interested parties when you make changes to the disclosure package.
- Review the tracking dashboard to see the people who interacted with your disclosure package. You can see who opened or downloaded the package and the date of that activity.
- Block online access to a shared package whenever you want. You can also re-enable online access by clicking a button.
For more information about these tools, visit the Glide video training library, and watch “How Listing Teams Manage Shared Disclosure Packages.”