In this article, you learn how to use Glide's free electronic signature feature: Glide Signatures.
Glide Signatures provides you, your team, your clients, and other visitors to the property with the ability to electronically sign completed documents quickly and securely.
You can send documents for online signature, track the status of signature requests, and identify documents that have yet to be e-signed. Built on a secure platform, you can manage e-sign requests from desktop computers or mobile devices.
In the example below, we show you how to create a PEAD form and send the document for e-signature using Glide Signatures. We also show you what the recipient sees when you send a signature request.
Split form option
If more than one party is entering a property, Glide gives you two e-signing options. Agents and teams can:
add all signing parties to a single PEAD form, or
send each party a separate form to sign.
The best option in any given situation can depend on many factors, including the number of parties involved (e.g. the time it takes to collect all required e-signatures) and how the agent/team prefers to organize documents for an audit trail.
Creating a PEAD
In this example, the listing agent creates a PEAD form and sends it for e-signature with Glide Signatures.
To learn how a buyer's agent can create a PEAD, visit the Glide video training library and watch "How Can I Use Glide to Complete the PEAD Form? (Buy Side)."
1. On the Transactions page, select a transaction.
2. On the Transaction Overview page, click Fill and Sign a PEAD form.
3. On the next page, click Fill and Sign PEAD.
4. Identify all property visitors. Click Add Visitor, fill in the fields, and then click OK.
Adding multiple parties
1. To add another party, click Add Visitor and fill in the fields.
2. To send each party a separate form for e-signature, check the box and then click Continue.
The default setting is an unchecked box. That means all parties sign one form.
3. After adding the required number of parties, click Continue.
Completing the form
1. On the next page, add exceptions to the representation (optional). When you finish, click Continue.
This section is where you want to explain any potential COVID exposure or risk.
2. After Glide creates the PEAD form(s), click Send for Signature.
If you have multiple parties and decide to generate separate forms, the page displays one PEAD for each party.
Sending documents for e-signature
1. Check the circle next to Glide Signatures and then click Continue.
2. On the next page, add a message or change the email subject if you want, and then click Continue.
An email message is sent with a request to sign the form.
Glide returns to the PEAD page.
While awaiting signatures, you can resend the form for signature or archive the request.
Scroll down the page to check the status of the e-signature request.
The status "Waiting for Others" is represented by a clock displayed to the left of the subject line.
To view your options, click the 3-dot button. On the drop-down menu, you can refresh the status, resend, or void the e-signature request.
To return to the PEAD page later, click Signature Requests on the left menu of the Transaction Overview page.
What the recipient sees
After you send a request for an e-signature, the recipient opens an email message and clicks the link to Review Documents.
A new browser tab opens.
The recipient checks the box, clicks Start, and completes a few simple steps.
1. Scroll down the page and look for the initial and/or signature tabs.
2. Click into the first tab to begin placing your electronic initials and/or signature.
3. Click the Approve and Sign button.
4. Scroll down the page and click the tabs for all remaining items. The date of the signature is added automatically.
In the example below, all parties sign the same PEAD form.
5. Once all tabs have been selected, click the Finish button.
What the agent sees
After the recipient(s) e-signs the document, the request status changes on the agent's Glide page.
Hover the mouse on "Waiting for Others" to see if the party or parties have signed.
After all parties sign, the status of the PEAD request changes to Complete, represented by a green checkmark to the left of the subject line.