Admin/TC staff can have full access to the Agent member benefit features on Glide after verification. With full access, the team member can create new transactions on behalf of that agent and manage transactions when assigned a transaction role.
This article shows Agents how to verify team members on Glide so that Admin, Assistants, and TC's can work on behalf of their Agents.
There are two ways to verify team membership:
- during onboarding workflow
- account settings (https://app.glide.com/account/preferences/)
Verifying during onboarding
If you’re a first-time Glide user, team verification is part of your account onboarding process. After entering your name and other information, you’ll be asked to begin verifying relationships that allow others to create and manage transactions on behalf of the Agent.
You don't have to set up this information during account onboarding. You can complete that task within your Glide Account Settings.
Verifying in Account Settings
There are two ways to verify team members on the Account Settings page: Direct Agent verification and team member request.
Direct Agent verification
The Agent goes to their Account Preferences page and adds a name to the Granted list. No further verification action is required by the Agent.
After the Agent adds a name to the Granted list, Glide sends an email to the team member.
1. On the Glide home page, click the Account icon and select Account Settings on the drop-down menu.
2. On the left menu, click Account Preferences.
3. Scroll down to the Assistants and TCs heading.
4. Enter the email address of the person you want to add to the Granted list, and then click the Add New button.
- The person's name and email address now appear under the Granted tab. This person is automatically verified and can now create and manage transactions on this agent's behalf.
What the other party sees
After an Agent adds a team member to the Granted list, Glide sends the party an email message. The team member clicks Accept Invite to acknowledge they have received the message and are verified by the Agent.
- In the image below, Rob, the agent, invites Betty, the TC, to Glide.
- The Agent account settings is complementary to the Admin / TC account settings. That means each party can update their settings to reflect the professional relationship and allow the TC/Admin to create and manage transactions on behalf of the Agents.
Responding to Admin/TC requests
Here's another way for agents to verify team members. In this option, the Admin/TC asks the agent to verify their status.
- Note: Admins/TCs complete this step one time for each primary agent. Once an agent verifies a team member, that Admin/TC can create and manage transactions for that Agent moving forward.
The Admin/TC follows these steps to send a primary agent an access request.
1. On the Glide Home page, click New Transaction.
2. On the next page, click Create new contact.
3. On the New Agent Contact page, enter the required information about the primary agent.
4. Click Continue at the bottom of the page.
- The primary agent's name appears on the next page.
5. Click Continue.
6. On the next page, click Request Access.
Glide sends the primary agent an email message with a request to grant access.
The Admin/TC closes the transaction page and waits for the primary agent to respond to the email.
What the agent sees
The primary agent receives an email message with the request.
- Note: verification is not granted automatically. To verify an Admin/TC, the agent must click Grant Access.
After the agent grants access, Glide opens their Account Preferences page. The Admin/TC's name is now on the Granted list.
Manage requests on the settings page
In addition to email verification, Agents can view and approve access requests on their Account Preferences page.
1. Go to the Assistants and TCs heading and check the Received Requests tab.
- The tab shows the number of outstanding requests.
2. Click the Received Requests tab and select a response.
- If you select Accept, the party is verified and added to the Granted list.
- If you select Ignore, the party is not verified, the request is closed, and no further action is required.
What the Admin/TC sees
The Admin/TC can check the status of the access request.
1. On the Glide Home page, click the Account icon and select Account Settings.
2. Click Account Preferences on the left menu and then scroll down to the Agents You Support heading.
- If the primary agent approves access, the agent's name appears on the page.
- If the primary agent rejects the request, no information is displayed on the page.
Removing transaction access
After enabling access, this relationship continues until either party updates their account settings and disables access.
For primary agents
On the Account Preferences page, scroll down to Assistants and TCs, click the three-dot button next to the team member, and then click Remove.
On the Account Preferences page, scroll down to Agents You Support, click the three-dot button next to the primary agent, and then click Remove.