In this article, you learn how to locate and use the auto-tabbing feature.
Glide's auto-tabbing feature saves time by automatically flagging points on pdf forms that require a signature, initial, or date with a color-coded tab. You can access the auto-tabbing feature when sending documents for e-signature through Glide Signatures of Docusign.
How it Works
The first step is to open or import your document(s).
1. On the Glide home page, select a transaction.
2. Select the form(s).
- In this example, we click Documents on the left menu and select the Residential Listing Agreement in the General folder, which was already imported into the transaction from the C.A.R. library in Glide.
- Another option is to upload third-party and/or scanned forms into the Glide transaction.
3. Hover the mouse on the form, click the three-dot button, and then select eSign.
Preparing documents for e-signature
In this step, we prepare the document package for e-signature.
1. On the Prepare Signature Package page, select an e-signature option.
- In this example, we select Glide Signatures, a free tool from Glide.
2. Scroll down the page to the two checkboxes.
- By default, both boxes are checked.
Glide automatically checks the box to add signature tabs to pdf forms in the package.
- We suggest you leave this box checked. Glide pre-tabs form placements, so agents don’t have to do this step themselves. Uncheck the box to remove tabs from the forms before sending out the package.
Glide automatically checks the box to replace the unsigned original with the signed version.
- We suggest you leave this box checked because it helps reduce the number of transaction documents you need to manage and avoids confusion about whether there are fully executed documents. Uncheck the box to save the signed form on Glide with a different file name and keep the unsigned form in the transaction.
One sample document with auto-tabs
Each required tab on your package of documents will be automatically placed for you and your clients, saving time and preventing mistakes / omissions.
Auto-tabbing for fillable C.A.R. and local forms available on Glide is a free member benefit feature. Glide Pro users, however, receive additional benefits, such as:
- Unlimited auto-tabbing for third-party PDFs
- Unlimited auto-tabbing for scanned and uploaded PDFs
Now offering all Glide users a FREE TRIAL of unlimited auto-tabbing for all types of documents through March 1, 2021!