The Transaction Timeline helps track milestones occurring after an accepted offer through the close of escrow. Glide pulls key dates from the Residential Purchase Agreement (C.A.R. form RPA) into a customizable timeline. Users can customize the timeline and add key dates.
To help stay on track, agents or TCs can share the timeline with clients, brokers, other parties involved in the transaction (anyone with an email).
Before you start
To use the Timeline tool, you need to complete two steps:
accept an offer
change the status of a transaction to Under Contract.
Changing transaction status
1. On the Glide home page, select a transaction.
2. Click the status tab on the top menu and select Under Contract on the drop-down menu.
The Transaction Timeline box displays at the top of the screen.
3. Click Start Timeline.
Loading an offer
The next step is to load an offer into the Timeline workflow. Glide analyzes the offer document and finds all key dates to create a timeline for this transaction.
1. On the Congratulations page, click Continue.
2. Click the Add document button and select an option:
Upload a pdf file from your device.
Add the offer from the Glide transaction.
Add a form from DocuSign.
In this example, we add the offer from the Glide transaction.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the panel, select the offer document(s) you want to add to the timeline, and click the Add Document button.
In this example, we select the RPA from the buyer agent John Johnson.
4. On the next page, confirm the documents and click Continue.
Add more documents (optional).
Wait for Glide to extract dates from the document(s).
Creating a timeline
Setting the date of acceptance
Glide is ready to create a timeline. The first step is to set the offer acceptance date. This date is the timeline baseline, so be careful and get it right! The timing of all timeline tasks refers back to the date of acceptance.
1. Click the field and use the calendar to select the date when the seller accepted the offer.
2. Click Next.
In the left pane, Glide displays a list of key timeline milestones and dates.
In the right pane, Glide displays the relevant section in the offer document.
Glide can also detect custom dates and times that differ from the default in the RPA.
Click a link to jump to the section in the right pane and inspect the date in the offer document.
Accepting milestone dates
The next step is to scroll through the list of milestones and accept or change each timeline date.
1. Click a milestone to open the edit panel.
2. To accept the timeline date, click the box and then click Save.
The milestone now shows a timeline date on the left side and a green check on the right.
Changing milestone dates
Agents and team members can change milestone dates to make a custom timeline for the client.
Changing timeline dates does not change the dates or conditions in an accepted offer. When changing dates, make sure the timeline conforms to the conditions in the offer.
There are two ways to change a milestone date:
change the number of days after offer acceptance
set a fixed calendar date
In this example, we change the number of days after acceptance to 6 and then click Save.
Adding key dates
You can add milestones and dates to the timeline.
1. Click the Add Key Date button at the top of the page.
2. On the next page, add a milestone title and set a date.
Use the drop-down menus to set the number of days (calendar or business) and the baseline (from the date of Acceptance or Close of Escrow).
3. Scroll down and set the visibility option.
4. Click the Save to timeline bottom.
Glide adds the key date to the timeline.
Saving the timeline
After you finish the changes, click the Done with Timeline button at the bottom of the page.
Reviewing the timeline
The next step is to review the timeline. Scroll through the list and check milestones and dates.
1. To change the display format, click Calendar View.
2. To make changes, click the Back button at the bottom of the page.
If the timeline is complete, click Continue.
Now we're almost ready to email the timeline to interested parties. The first step is to add names and email addresses to a contact list.
The default setting is listing side parties. In the example below, that means the primary agent and client.
You can add parties from the buy-side as well as others.
1. To add a party, select a folder and click Add new party.
2. Select a role and then follow the workflow to add contact information.
3. When you finish, click Continue.
Emailing the timeline
The final step is to compose an email message.
1. Click Compose an email.
2. Select a sender.
Glide automatically enters your default email address. To use a different sender address (optional), click the field and choose an option on the drop-down menu.
You can also send it from your Google or Outlook account.
3. Click the To field and select parties from your list of contacts.
Click CC/BCC to send copies to other parties (optional).
4. Add a message (optional).
5. Review the attachments and add documents (optional).
Reviewing share options
Before you send the email, change how much information to share (optional).
Remove all dates
To email the timeline milestones but remove all dates, uncheck the Include all dates box.
Remove some dates
To email the timeline milestones but remove some dates, click the arrow on the Shared key dates tab.
Uncheck one or more date boxes inside the folder.
Remove all contact information
To email the timeline but remove all contact information for the agent(s) and client(s), uncheck the Include all contacts box.
Remove some contact information
To email the timeline but remove some contact information, click the arrow on the Shared key contacts tab.
Uncheck one or more contact boxes inside the folder.
Sending the timeline
When you finish, click Send.
After Glide sends the email, click Done sharing timeline.
Editing a timeline
After creating a timeline, you can add or remove milestones. You can also share a revised timeline with other parties and add notification reminders.
1. In the bottom right corner of the screen, click Timeline.
2. At the top of the page, click the Add a date button.
3. Complete the Add date to Timeline form and click Save.
Make sure you select Calendar Days or Business days (Monday to Friday).
4. Customize the way Glide calculates the milestone date by selecting Relative To Acceptance or Close of Escrow.
5. Check the box to exclude weekends and holidays from the timeline date calculation.
You can delete milestones with a date in the future. It is not possible to delete timeline milestones with dates in the past.
1. Click a milestone.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the Edit panel and click Remove from timeline.
3. Click Yes in the confirmation popup box.
Sharing an edited timeline
To email a revised timeline, click the Share button at the top of the page. Repeat steps as described above: see Emailing a Timeline.
Adding notification reminders
This Glide feature sends you a message before a milestone date arrives.
1. Scroll down the timeline and click a milestone with no active reminder.
2. Scroll down the Edit panel and click Add a reminder.
3. Click the Type field and select an option: email, SMS, or both.
Selecting email and SMS grants Glide permission to notify you with information about your transaction. You may opt out of these notifications at a later time.
4. Enter a number, and then click the field and select days or weeks before the milestone date arrives.
5. Click Add a reminder to insert another message (optional).
6. Click Save.
The reminder displays in the milestone tab.
7. To edit a reminder, click a milestone tab, make changes in the Edit panel, and then click Save.
Adding dates to a Google calendar
If you want, add timelines dates to your Google calendar (optional).
1. On the next page, click Next to add timeline dates to a Google calendar.
2. Link Glide to your Google account and then click Next.
Glide automatically adds dates to your calendar.
Updating to Key Dates
After you sync your Google calendar once, any updates to the Glide timeline are automatically reflected in the calendar.