So you've received an offer from a prospective buyer and their agent through Glide. What happens next? One option is to send a counteroffer.
Opening the offer
The first step is to open the offer.
1. Open the transaction and click Offers on the left menu.
2. On the Offers page, click the offer you want to counter.
As a listing agent, you can use the Favorites option to help organize and keep track of the most attractive terms before taking an action to reject, accept or counter.
3. On the Offer Profile page, click the Counter button.
Countering an offer
Finalizing counteroffer terms
After the listing agent and seller agree on terms to propose in the counteroffer, the listing agent:
writes the counteroffer
sends counteroffer to the seller for signature
emails the signed counteroffer to the buyer-side team
Preparing the counteroffer
1. Select the offer package which has not been signed by the seller and then click Continue.
2. Select how to create a counteroffer.
In this example, we select I need to create a Counter with Glide to go through the form filling workflow (recommended)
If you have already prepared a counteroffer, choose the other option
3. Select the type of counter.
Creating the Counter
1. On the Seller Counter Offer page, add terms to the appropriate fillable fields.
2. Click the Save and Close button.
3. Check the box next to the filename you want to send for e-signature and click Get Signatures.
If you leave all boxes unchecked, Glide automatically sends all files for e-signature.
4. Complete the e-sign workflow, add an email message (optional), and click Continue.
In this example, Glide sends the seller a message with a request to review and sign the counteroffer.
What the parties see
Glide sends every signing party an email message. The message contains a link that opens the signing page.
Waiting for a signature
At this point, you can close the Offers Management page while waiting for the signed documents to return later to submit the counter to the other side.
1. To check the signature status of the counteroffer, click Signatures on the left menu.
When the status changes to Complete, open the counteroffer page and finish sending your counter to the other parties.
1. Click Offers on the left menu.
2. Click the offer marked Countering.
3. Click the Continue Preparing Offer button.
4. Click the Prepared Counter Email button.
Confirming the Terms Before Sending the Counter
The next step is to review the terms that will be presented to the other side. These terms match the terms presented in the counteroffer form.
1. Read the terms and click Continue.
2. To edit workflow text, click a box, make changes, and then click Done.
Important: You can edit the terms at this step, but these changes are not saved to the counteroffer form that was previously signed.
Glide does not save these changes to the counteroffer form. If changes need to be made to the counteroffer form, you can start again with the instructions at the beginning of this article.
3. On the contact information page, confirm the agent's email address and phone number.
Check the box to confirm you have reviewed this contact information.
Add another email address (optional).
Customize send settings
On the next page, decide how to submit the counter offer.
This is your last chance to review the information. After you click the Continue button on this page, Glide sends the counteroffer for consideration.
1. Change the send email address (optional).
By default, Glide sends the counteroffer from a no-reply notification email address. You can change that send from email address to a personal Gmail account or Outlook.
For more information about changing the send email address, see How to Connect Glide to a Gmail Account.
2. Customize the message (optional).
You can add a note for the agent or edit the pre-filled information, such as the contact info at the bottom of the message.
3. Select notifications preferences.
Agents can opt in to receive instant offer updates through SMS notifications by checking the Confidence Booster box .
By making this selection, you authorize Glide to send notifications for key actions taken by the other side, including viewing, rejecting, accepting or countering the offer.
You may opt out of receiving SMS notifications at any time by replying "STOP"
After you click Continue, Glide sends the counteroffer to the buyer agent and returns to the Offers page.
The status of the offer changes to Countered.
On the buyer side, the status of the offer package changes to Received Counter for that side to take action.
The status changes depending on the actions of the listing or buyer side. For example, the status changes to Accepted if the listing side accepts a counteroffer.