In this article, buyer's agents learn how to create a signed offer package on Glide.
Submitting an offer package to a listing agent is a two-step process: (1) create a signed offer package, and (2) submit the offer to the listing agent.
- To learn how to complete the next step, read this article: How to Submit Offers
Benefits of Completing Offers on Glide
Creating offers on Glide is more secure, transparent, and efficient for both sides of the transaction.
- Property and party details are automatically imported into Glide from participating MLS's to pre-fill the purchase agreement.
- Buyer’s agents are guided through the completion of the purchase agreement helping to prevent critical errors and omissions.
- Glide's Activity Log shows users when an offer was delivered, reviewed, accepted, rejected and/or countered.
- Prospective buyer details may be marked anonymous until the listing-side accepts the offer.
Locating the listing's link
The buyer's agent benefits from access to the listing transaction's custom link. The link allows the buyer's team to submit an offer directly to the listing team offer page (similar to the PEAD-V workflow).
- If you do not have access to the listing's link, you can still complete these steps with a few extra steps. To learn more, see How to Complete an Offer Form to assemble the offer package without accessing the listing's Property Portal.
There are two ways to find or open the Glide custom link:
- click the portal link from an MLS site
- ask the listing agent to send you the link in an email or SMS message
After you click the link, the Glide portal page displays two options.
1. Click Submit Offer.
- If you are not signed in to your Glide account, follow the prompts and enter your ID and password.
2. Click Get Started.
3. Select the primary agent for the offer and click Continue.
- Click Create new contact if you want to select a different agent.
Adding an offer
The next step is to add an offer. There are two options.
- In this example, we select the option on the right.
About the options
Most buyer agents select the option on the right (I need to create an offer with Glide).
This option applies to you if:
- You want to create a new offer on the Glide platform (finish all steps, including filling in fields and obtaining e-signatures). Or ...
- You have a completed and signed offer package sitting inside a Glide transaction folder.
Select the left option (I have already prepared an offer) if the offer documents are already filled and complete.
- You can still benefit from submitting an offer created outside of Glide.
1. Click Start Offer Package.
2. Click the field, select an offer document, and then click OK.
- In this example, we select the RPA.
Completing an offer form
The next step is to fill in the offer document with the outline tool.
1. Click the file to open the document.
2. Scroll down the left window to see the section tabs.
3. Click a tab to display a matching form section in the right window.
- For example, if you click Initial Deposit in the Finance Terms tab, the document in the right window automatically scrolls to that form section.
Filling in the form
To fill in the offer document:
1. Scroll through the document or click a tab in the left window.
2. Enter information in the blank fields.
3. Click Save after you finish the form.
Outline tool features
- To minimize the number of tabs that display in the outline tool, check the box next to Only show sections with fillable terms.
- Answer prompts, checkboxes, and drop-menu menus help agents complete forms accurately and quickly.
- If you check any boxes on the RPA to add addenda or advisories ...
... Glide automatically adds those documents to the offer package.
Sending the document for signature
The offer document is complete. Now the buyer prospect and buyer agent can sign the offer.
The buyer's team can send the offer for e-signature immediately after completing the form or at a later date.
1. On the Offer Package page, check the box next to each filename you want to send for signature and click Get Signatures.
- If you leave all boxes unchecked, Glide automatically sends all files for signature.
2. On the Prepare Signature Package page, select a send option, verify the correct file is attached, and click Continue.
- To learn more about sending files for e-signature, see How a Buyer’s Agent Can Create an Offer and Send for Signature.
3. Verify the parties who need to sign and then click Continue.
- You can add recipients (optional).
4. On the Request Signatures page, verify the tabs for all parties and then click Continue.
- You can add new tabs (optional).
5. On the Review and Send page, this is the last chance to review the package before seeing it out for signature.
- Add a message for the client and attach more documents (optional).
6. Click Continue to send the document to the agent(s) and buyer(s) for e-signature.
Signing the offer package
After the buyer side team sends the package, the buyer agent can e-sign the document immediately.
1. Click Sign Now to open the e-signature tool.
- Click Back to Transaction to e-sign the document at a later date.
2. On the next page, check the box to accept the terms and start signing.
3. Click the blue button to move through the guided e-sign workflow.
4. After you click Finish, you can return to the transaction.
Checking signature status
To check the status of the signature request(s), click Signatures on the left menu.
- In this example, the status is Waiting for Others because the client has not yet signed the offer package.
- After all parties sign the offer package, the status changes to Complete.
Go on to the next step
Now the buyer team has a signed offer package. The next step is to email the package to the listing agent. To learn more, see How to Submit Offers.